A bright and healthy smile is essential to a person’s overall well-being. Good oral hygiene, which includes regular visits to the dentist, is crucial to maintaining that bright, healthy smile.
Two of the most common procedures offered by dental clinics in Singapore are scaling and polishing and teeth whitening. While both treatments can improve the appearance of teeth, they are different procedures with different effects, and this is something you may need to understand if you’re already considering scaling and polishing in town Singapore.
This blog post will discuss the differences between scaling and polishing, and teeth whitening and help you determine which treatment is best for you. Whether you are looking to improve your smile for a special event or just for your confidence, this post will provide valuable information to help you make an informed decision.
What is Scaling and Polishing
Scaling and polishing is a non-invasive dental procedure used to clean teeth, remove plaque and tartar, and prevent gum disease. It involves the use of special dental instruments, such as a scaler and a polisher, to remove the buildup of plaque and tartar from the teeth.
Scaling and polishing is a relatively simple procedure that can be done in a dental clinic in Singapore in about an hour. Scaling and polishing have several benefits.
For example, it helps to prevent gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss and other serious health problems. It also improves the appearance of teeth by removing surface stains and discoloration.
After scaling and polishing, teeth look brighter, shinier, and healthier. Some possible side effects of scaling and polishing include tooth sensitivity, bleeding gums, and discomfort during the procedure.
However, these side effects are typically mild and temporary and can be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers and proper oral hygiene. Scaling and polishing is recommended for individuals with good oral health and no major dental issues. It would be recommended for you if you want to maintain your oral health and improve the appearance of your teeth.
What is Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure used to remove stains and discoloration from teeth. It involves using a bleaching agent, typically hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, to lighten the color of teeth.
Teeth whitening can be done in a dental clinic in Singapore or at home using a home whitening kit. Just like scaling and polishing in Singapore, teeth whitening also have several benefits.
It can improve the appearance of your teeth by removing surface stains and discoloration to make teeth appear brighter and whiter. This can improve a person’s confidence and self-esteem and may help to make a positive first impression.
Possible side effects of teeth whitening include tooth sensitivity, gum irritation, and temporary discoloration of the gums. However, these side effects are also typically mild and temporary and can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain relievers and proper oral hygiene.
You may be a good candidate for teeth whitening if you have good oral health and no major dental issues. It may also help if all you want is to improve the appearance of your teeth and have a brighter, whiter smile.
Differences Between Scaling and Polishing and Teeth Whitening
While scaling and polishing, and teeth whitening can improve the appearance of teeth, they are different procedures with different effects. The main differences between the two procedures are:
- Purpose: Scaling and polishing is a dental hygiene procedure used to remove plaque and tartar and prevent gum disease. Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure to remove stains and discoloration from teeth and improve their appearance.
- Procedure: Scaling and polishing involve the use of special dental instruments to remove plaque and tartar from teeth. Teeth whitening consists of using a bleaching agent to lighten the color of teeth.
- Cost: The cost of scaling and polishing is generally lower than teeth whitening. Scaling and polishing is considered routine dental procedure and may be covered by dental insurance. Teeth whitening is considered a cosmetic procedure and is typically not covered by insurance.
- Results: Scaling and polishing can make teeth look brighter, shinier, and healthier by removing surface stains and discoloration. Teeth whitening can make teeth appear brighter and whiter but may not improve the overall health of teeth.
- Maintenance: The effects of scaling and polishing can last for several months, but regular brushing and flossing is necessary to maintain good oral hygiene. The effects of teeth whitening can last for several months to a year, but the duration of the results depends on the individual’s oral hygiene habits and lifestyle.
Which Procedure is Right for You?
The choice between scaling and polishing and teeth whitening depends on a person’s individual needs and preferences. If you have good oral health and are looking to maintain your oral hygiene and improve the appearance of your teeth, scaling and polishing may be the right choice for you.
If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth and have a brighter, whiter smile, teeth whitening may be the right choice. Be sure to consult with a dental professional to determine which procedure is right for you.
A dental professional can assess your oral health and recommend the best treatment option based on your individual needs and preferences. Here are some quick tips for selecting a reputable dental clinic in Singapore for scaling and polishing or teeth whitening:
- Check the clinic’s accreditation and credentials
- Look for reviews and testimonials from previous patients
- Consider the clinic’s experience and expertise in performing the procedure you need
- Evaluate the clinic’s facilities and equipment to ensure they are up-to-date and well-maintained
- Inquire about the cost of the procedure and whether the clinic accepts insurance
- Consider the location and accessibility of the clinic
Scaling and polishing and teeth whitening are two common dental procedures in Singapore that can improve the appearance of teeth. While both procedures have benefits and drawbacks, the choice between them depends on a person’s individual needs and preferences. Consulting with a dental professional is the best way to determine which procedure is right for you.
Our team of experienced and dedicated dental professionals is committed to providing exceptional care and personalized treatment options to help you achieve your oral health goals. Whether you’re in need of scaling and polishing, teeth whitening, or other dental services, we’re here to help.
Don’t wait – schedule your appointment with Dennis Tan Dental today and take the first step towards a healthier, happier smile!
Dennis Tan Dental Surgery
22 Malacca St #03-01
RB Capital Building
+65 6438 5622